Lucas Schubert, Nutritional Coordinator with Saint Luke's Mid America Heart Institute and the Food As Medicine Everyday (FAME) program, shares a healthy avocado deviled egg recipe that is sure to satisfy with FOX4.
Devilled Eggs: 12 eggs, hard-boiled
1/2 cup mayonnaise
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 tablespoon yellow mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1 avocado, diced
- Peel hard-boiled eggs. Cut each egg in half, lengthwise. Separate the yellow yolk from the egg white half.
- Add the yolk and all other ingredients to a food processor. Blend until smooth.
- Scoop the avocado-egg mixture into a small plastic bag. Seal the bag and cut off a small section of one of the bottom corners.
- Gently squeeze avocado-egg mixture into each egg white half, until full.
- Add toppings of choice and serve.
arugula, bacon, chives, fresh dill, fresh goat cheese, feta cheese, microgreens, pickle, relish, pistachios, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, smoked paprika