Thank you, we will be in touch soon.
Saint Luke’s Health System seeks a BC/BE adult psychiatrist to join an established outpatient practice located inside Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City.
About the position
• The physician will be responsible for conducting assessments for psychiatric, substance abuse, alcohol abuse, social and any associated medical problems in the tele-psychiatry and outpatient clinical settings
• The selected physician will also use appropriate treatment modalities including psychotropic medication and individual therapy
• Outpatient duties in general mental health clinic include seeing patients for initial and follow-up mental health assessments and medication management; care is delivered in a team-based model
• Saint Luke’s Physician Group is a physician-led organization, and the physician will be supported within and outside the department by fellow clinicians and specialty staff
• Extremely competitive career employment package that includes a guaranteed salary in addition to excellent benefits such as medical, dental, vision insurance, malpractice insurance, tax-deferred retirement plan with employer match, paid time off and a generous yearly allowance for CME
• Must have MO & KS medical licenses or ability to obtain
• Candidate must be BC/BE and successfully completed (or in the process of completing) a psychiatry residency program
• Experience or fellowship training in Psychosomatic Medicine or Geriatric Psychiatry is desirable
About Saint Luke’s Health System
Saint Luke’s Health System includes 18 hospitals and campuses across the Kansas City region, home care and hospice, behavioral health care, dozens of physician practices, a life care senior living community, and more. Saint Luke’s Health System is a faith-based, not-for-profit, aligned health system committed to the highest levels of excellence in providing health care and health-related services in a caring environment. We are dedicated to enhancing the physical, mental, and spiritual health of the diverse communities we serve. The health system’s outstanding clinical outcomes, reputation for exceptional customer service, dedication to research and innovation, and state-of-the-art facilities and technology reflect our vision of being “the best place to get care, the best place to give care.”
About Saint Luke's Hospital of Kansas City
Saint Luke’s Hospital of Kansas City is one of the largest faith-based care hospitals in the region—offering many specialized programs and services. Our network of more than 600 physicians represents more than 60 medical specialties. Saint Luke’s Hospital has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the elite hospitals in the nation. It is nationally ranked in one specialty for 2021-22 and recognized in 20 types of care. Saint Luke’s Hospital has received Magnet Recognition since 2004, affirming our dedication to nursing excellence and quality patient outcomes. This credential is the highest honor an organization can receive for professional nursing practice. Saint Luke’s Hospital is a primary teaching hospital for the University of Missouri–Kansas City School of Medicine, which includes a physician residency program.
About Kansas City
Saint Luke's is proud to call Kansas City home. With locations on both sides of the state line, the health system serves more than 2.1 million people and 240 neighborhoods in Kansas and Missouri. USA Today has regularly named Kansas City a top area for affordability, high-quality schools, and low traffic. The greater Kansas City metro area is a vibrant, growing community known for its thriving arts scene, world champion sports teams, natural beauty, and exceptional quality of life. It’s a place where unique sights and historic architecture meet cutting-edge innovation. On top of that, you’ll find dozens of museums, shopping and entertainment districts, wineries and breweries, hiking and biking trails, and restaurants of every culinary stripe.
Effective November 1st, 2021, full COVID-19 vaccination is a condition of employment for all Saint Luke’s Health System employees unless a medical or religious exemption is approved.
All inquiries are confidential.
We value our physicians and provide them with an excellent compensation and benefits package including malpractice insurance, tax deferred retirement plan with an employer match, health and dental insurance, vacation, CME, and more.