Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, Saint Luke’s Health System is committed to providing exceptional care for all patients and a safe and healthy atmosphere for our team.
Saint Luke’s Hospital's Marion Bloch Neuroscience Institute, the only dedicated neuroscience hospital in Kansas City, Missouri, is hiring a Neurohospitalist with interest in Stroke Neurology. Candidates coming out of training as well as experienced leaders are very welcome and will be well-supported. The hospital has an acclaimed brain and spine team that offers:
• A Comprehensive Stroke Center providing the region’s most advanced stroke care, including stroke-reversal therapies and treatment to more than 1,600 patients each year. More than 36 percent of stroke patients receive stroke-reversal therapy compared to a national average of 15.9 percent
• A Level 4 Comprehensive Epilepsy Center offering advanced diagnostics and surgical intervention for people living with epilepsy
• Cutting edge neurosurgical innovations such as minimally invasive spine surgery, responsive neurostimulation (RNS), and they are one of only a few hospitals in the nation to provide asleep deep brain stimulation (DBS) surgery
• A neurorehabilitation program designed to help patients return to the highest level of functioning possible, with 75 percent of patients discharged to home compared to the national average of 67 percent
• A comprehensive neuro-oncology program that uses advanced treatments, surgical techniques, and imaging to deliver the most innovative, compassionate, and personalized care for patients with brain and spine tumors.
• Affiliated with University Missouri Kansas City (UMKC) neurology residency
In 2013, the Saint Luke’s Marion Bloch Neuroscience Institute (SLMBNI) moved to an 80,000 square feet of dedicated space for the Neurosciences, the result of a $330 million expansion and renovation of the hospital campus. The only dedicated neuroscience hospital in Kansas City, SLMNBI is consistently ranked by US News & World Report as one of the Best Hospitals for Neurology & Neurosurgery. Academic faculty positions are offered through the University of Missouri Kansas City School of Medicine.
Position highlights for all physicians:
• Physicians will have a faculty appointment at Univ of Kansas City – Missouri (UMKC)
• Research opportunities abound
• Foundation is well endowed and will internally fund research
About Saint Luke’s Health System
Saint Luke’s Health System consists of 18 area hospitals and several primary and specialty care practices, and provides a range of inpatient, outpatient, and home care services. Founded as a faith-based, not-for-profit organization, our mission includes a commitment to the highest levels of excellence in health care and the advancement of medical research and education. The health system is an aligned organization in which the physicians and hospitals assume responsibility for enhancing the physical, mental, and spiritual health of people in the metropolitan Kansas City area and the surrounding region.
About Kansas City:
Along every boulevard and around every corner, there’s something to do that’s unique to Kansas City. With a thriving creative arts scene, an eclectic mix of entertainment and die-hard sports—it’s safe to say there’s something for everyone. Sitting on Missouri's western boundary, with Downtown near the confluence of the Kansas and Missouri Rivers, this modern city is the 23rd largest in the US and the largest in MO.
Thank you, we will be in touch soon.
We value our physicians and provide them with an excellent compensation and benefits package including malpractice insurance, tax deferred retirement plan with an employer match, health and dental insurance, vacation, CME, and more.